Get More Twitter Followers Today in 3 Easy Steps
I’ve talked with many people who get frustrated with the amount of time they are putting into their Twitter account and the minimal results they are getting from their time investment. Part of blog marketing is pushing your blog links out to your Twitter followers but first you need Twitter followers. So the dilemma is, how do you increase your Twitter following? I recently learned how to easily and effectively amp up a twitter following. I’ll share this with you in three easy steps:
1. Twitter Search: Use twitter search to find people who are active in your industry. Click on their list of twitter followers and start following each of their followers. As you probably know, when you start following a twitter user, they will receive a notification telling them that you are now following. If they find that you are someone they would like to follow in return, they will follow you. This is a great way to let more people know about you who might not have found the opportunity to otherwise. The point of building a twitter following isn’t just to have more followers but the main purpose is to find people who would be interested in what you have to offer.
2. Twellow: www.twellow.com is a great resource to track your twitter followers and those you are following. When you are completing step 1 of this process you need to keep in mind that there is a ratio of follower to following cap. You must have a certain ratio of people who are following you in order to continue following others. Twellow can help you manage this.
1. The “friends” feature on Twellow can show you who you are following and how many of them are mutually following you. After a day or two of following someone who is not a power tweeter, you can un-follow them in order to make room for others you would like to follow. For instance, I follow Peter Cashmore of Mashable who will probably never follow me but I want to keep following him so I wont’ remove him from my list. On the other hand, when I follow someone who only has 29 followers and they don’t follow me back I will probably stop following them.
2. The “Followers” feature on Twellow allows you to see who is following you in Twitter. You can go through this list and start following any one of your followers who you are not currently following already.
3. Repeat the process. Once you have completed these steps and have built a substantial twitter following you can be more selective about who you follow. Continually repeat the process to find fascinating people to follow and to encourage others to find your excellent content.
If you have other suggestions for increasing a Twitter following please do so in the comments below!
The original post can be found at http://www.mymark.com/blog/blog/2010/08/10/get-more-twitter-followers-today-in-3-easy-steps/